Summary of the talk
The V&A needed a digital dashboard - or did they? Head of digital media, Kati Price, found herself at a crossroads. One route led to an insightful and actionable tool; the other to a meaningless and superficial report. She turned to analytics expert Chris Unitt for some help.
They’ll talk through the process from initial brief to dashboard beta and plans for where they take the dashboard next. They’ll explain what they learnt on the way (seven things and counting…), and share insights and tales of what works and what doesn’t when it comes to building a digital dashboard for your organisation.
Feel free to get in touch if you have anything you'd like to ask.
Some links referenced in the presentation, plus some extra articles in case you're extra keen:
- Chris Unitt - Arts Analytics
- Attack with Numbers - The Laws of Shitty Dashboards
- James Doc - Content Drilldown with the Google Analytics Core Reporting API
- Avinash Kaushik - Digital Dashboards: Strategic & Tactical: Best Practices, Tips, Examples
- Melody Kramer - NPR Analytics Dashboard
- Elena Villaespesa - Dashboards, a key tool to build and support an insights-driven culture
- GDS - Radiating Information
- Lana Gibson - Dashboard for GOV.UK transition project