Spektrix and Google Analytics
Spektrix provide ticketing, marketing, and fundraising software for the arts. We've worked with several of their users to make sure that data from Spektrix is integrated into their website analytics.
If you have a website that's integrated with Spektrix, and you use Google Analytics, then read on…
First, some background
If you're a Spektrix user then you'll know that their software gives you lots of great data about your sales activity and customers (or patrons, or however you prefer to refer to them).
But it doesn't give you the whole story.
You need to use website analytics (by which we mean Google Analytics) to tell you:
- How your marketing campaigns are performing.
- Which traffic sources are sending traffic that converts.
- How people are using your site and what can be improved.
- …and more.
If you're using Spektrix then chances are your website is an important ticket-selling tool. In which case, sending ecommerce data from Spektrix to Google Analytics is essential for understanding how your website and digital marketing campaigns are performing.
It's important to get it right
Bad data can be a big problem. Even if you hardly ever log in to Google Analytics yourself. There are all sorts of people and processes rely on your data being correct:
- Digital advertising campaigns will use data from Google Analytics for evaluating and optimising performance.
- Your website developers will use this data to plan improvements to your website.
- Your board and/or funders may well receive reports with this data.
Sadly, when we start working with clients, it's very rare for us to find that their analytics have been set up as well as they should be.
We've found all sorts of problems Google Analytics properties with no ecommerce tracking, duplicate tracking codes, duplicate transactions, and even tracking codes being turning up on other people’s websites!
A very common issue with websites that integrate with Spektrix is to find that all or most revenue being attributed to the organisation's own website, or to the dreaded 'Direct' channel.
To help people spot the most common issues, we've created a free troubleshooting Google Analytics dashboard. You can download it here.
What we can do for you
We can help you make sure that everything's up to scratch and trouble-free.
- Analytics audit: a quick pass over your analytics to work out what's working and what's not.
- Proper setup: While we're at it, if you need a hand with integrating AdWords, Search Console, Facebook pixels and any other tags, we can do that too.
- Dashboards and reports: We realise that the Google Analytics interface can be a bit bewildering, we can give you some reports to make it easier to access your data.
- Training: we can show you what we've done and answer any questions in person.
Not wanting to brag but, as far as we know, there's nobody else out there with our depth of knowledge or experience.
Our Spektrix clients include the Royal Court, Bush Theatre, London Theatre Company (Bridge Theatre), Sheffield Theatres, Hackney Empire, Oxford Playhouse, Royal College of Music, Belgrade Theatre, Attenborough Centre for the Creative Arts, and Saffron Hall.
Spektrix have also invited us to speak about analytics at their user conference. Twice.
We think that we're the safest pair of hands you could find. We're also very friendly and straightforward to work with.
Your website analytics are a crucial part of your digital marketing.